Grand Geneva Resort & Spa is an award-wining, AAA Four Diamond all-seasons resort set on 1,300 acres in the legendary southeastern Wisconsin community of Lake Geneva. Located 90 minutes from Chicago and 50 minutes from Milwaukee, Grand Geneva Resort & Spa features 355 guest accommodations, including deluxe rooms and suites, along with 29 new villas. On site, guests can enjoy the WELL Spa Salon; two championship 18-hole golf courses; The Mountain Top, a ski and snowboard facility; 62,000-square-feet of meeting and convention space and five restaurants. Also on the resort's grounds is the Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, featuring 225 guest suites and 50,000 square feet of year-round, indoor/outdoor waterpark excitement, bringing the total number of rooms on the Grand Geneva campus to 609. For more information, please visit www.grandgeneva.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Do you have a passion for guest service and creating exceptional experiences? If so you will love this opportunity to assist our Director of Banquets in ensuring the Banquet Department is as successful and profitable as it can be; Providing the banquet guest with the most efficient, and professional service possible; and meet and exceed all banquet guests' needs and expectations.
- Ensures the highest quality of food, beverage, and service related to all banquet areas.
- Assists with directing and coordinating the activities of all assigned personnel and departmental responsibilities. Responsible for training standards throughout department.
- Ensures the coordination of banquet service needs with food production.
- Maintains effective communications within and between departments to ensure proper servicing of guests expectations.
- Maintains warm, hospitable guest relations in all guest contact. Interacts with banquet department associates as needed for guest service purposes.
- Controls labor, costs and expenses, and operates within budgetary and forecasted guidelines.
- Maintains accurate banquet function's records and banquet checks.
- Assists the director with monthly departmental meetings. Attends F&B, BEO, Special Events, Quality, and Dept. Head meetings.
- Maintains adequate inventories of banquet and beverage service supplies to meet the needs of the hotel and the guest.
- Maintains a high quality image of the hotel through effective housekeeping, maintenance, and sanitation in the area of responsibility.
- Responds to individual guest needs as they occur.
- Supports hotel operation policies and procedures.
- Maintains a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics, and image of subordinates.
- Maintains fair wage and salary administration in the department in accordance with policy.
- Operates in compliance with all local, state and federal laws and government regulations.
- Assesses and reviews the job performance of subordinates and maintains records of assigned employees in a timely manner and according to policy.
- Maintains positive employee relations in a supportive environment.
- Staffs department to meet departmental responsibilities.
- Inducts, orients, and trains assigned associates to meet departmental responsibilities. Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Interfaces department and self with other departments of the hotel to ensure a harmonious working relationship.
- Ensures good safety practices of employees, assists in the maintenance of the emergency action plan and security procedures.
- Performs special projects as requested.
- A minimum of 5 years of banquet management experience required.
- High school diploma required, 4 year degree in Hospitality related field preferred.
- Strong familiarization with food and beverage financial systems and controls.
Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven.
Keen intuition to anticipate needs and exceed expectations.
Able to develop camaraderie with team members.
Act ethically and honestly in all business practices and builds professional relationships by promoting mutual trust.
Ability to maintain composure and remain pleasant under high pressure situations.
Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Bilingual preferred, but not required.
Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time while touring food and beverage outlets. Ability to sit and perform tasks in an office atmosphere.
Strong proficiency in Excel required.