POSITION PURPOSE: Oversees all Front Office Operations to insure profitability, control costs and quality standards to insure total guest satisfaction.
- Maintain all standards of guest service to provide the very best in guest experience.
- Manage and motivate all front office associates with the daily supervision to include staffing, training, discipline, scheduling, and visually monitoring performance to ensure adherence to all service and productivity standards to provide guest satisfaction.
- Receive and resolve all departmental guest complaints in a timely manner and within the guidelines of the company.
- Check and control room reservations, front office systems, and supplies inventory, scheduling, forecasting, and department budget to maximize revenue. Compile and prepare financial reports, including: rate and availability calendar.
- Communicate with guests and associates both verbally and in writing to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising and instructing staff in details of work. Organize, conduct and/or attend meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
- Implement and monitor all corporate marketing programs.
- Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings to disseminate pertinent information.
- Perform room inspections throughout guest floors.
- Assist in the check- in and check- out of guests or any related guest service activity.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as special requests from guests.
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program, constant monitoring throughout Hotel and trouble shooting problems.
- Flexible hours and availability nights and weekends.
- Considerable knowledge of computer systems for registration, reservations, and back up systems.
- Above average mathematical comprehension to understand and interpret numbers as they apply to operations in Hotel.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language to communicate with guests and associates.
- Thorough organization and supervisory skills proficient in accomplishing the task.
- Ability to develop subordinates to enhance advancement in the hotel and corporation.
- Ability to analyze complex statistical data and make judgements accordingly.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- College education preferred.
- Minimum of two to five years experience as Assistant and/or Front Office manager Operations.
- Bilingual in Spanish is helpful.
- Multi-tasking abilities.
- Run or hold Monthly departmental meetings.
- Ability to manage change.