MIRACORP Inc., is a veteran, women-owned firm specializing in federal government contract services. One of our competitive advantages is that we provide services to our customers with a standard of excellence that is unmatched. MIRACORP believes our employees are the cornerstone for our success.
We are seeking to fill a Senior Investigator (Qui Tam) position to support our federal customer in San Antonio, Texas, and to join our collaborative, innovative, customer-centric culture.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assists in the identification, acquisition, review and analysis of voluminous records obtained during investigations and/or litigation.
- Utilizes various databases available to determine relevant records and advance an investigation.
- Provide testimony about information obtained through the review and analysis of voluminous records, including medical records.
- Conducts witness interviews in conjunction with law enforcement. Assists in all
aspects of factual case development.
- Assists with identification and forensic review of records and documents necessary for the preparation of discovery, court proceedings, depositions, and collection of judgments in health care fraud, defense procurement fraud, qui tam, and other enforcement matters.
- Assists in the preparation of exhibits, graphs, charts, and summaries, and uses case management software, including but not limited to: CaseMap, IPRO Eclipse SE, Relativity, Concordance and Sanction to assist in an effective presentation of evidence in discovery, court proceedings, settlement discussions and depositions.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or related field.
- Prior law enforcement, investigative, fraud, program integrity, or analyst experience. A
focus on health care fraud, the False Claims Act or a medical background is preferred.
- Familiarity with use of data and forensic accounting techniques to advance investigations.
Experience with Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS Level II coding
system) and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) is preferred.
- Litigation support experience; prior experience testifying preferred.
- Experience planning, conducting, and reporting on witness interviews in complex white
collar or civil fraud cases. Experience interviewing doctors, physician assistants, nurses
and health care executives preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, conduct, and coordinate review of voluminous
documents and data.
- Effective communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with law enforcement,
federal and state agencies, witnesses.
- Proficiency with Excel, Access, and document review platforms, such as Relativity or
- Ability to handle tight deadlines, maintain focus, and work on multiple projects at once.
- Willingness to travel within and outside the district (estimated 10% of time).
Why Consider This Opportunity:
- Great benefit package with benefits that start on date of hire.
- 401 (k) employer match, with 100% immediate vesting.
- Work environment where you have a lot of independence.
- Ability to work with a purpose and make an impact.
- Work with a Manager and peers that are passionate about customers.
- Work for an employer where core values are not just written on paper but lived.
MIRACORP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!