PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER
JUUL’s mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to
eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based independent e-cigarette, selling over four million
JUUL pods per month. Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading technology investors
including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the
world’s largest and oldest industries.
We’re an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and we’re growing
rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively looking to hire the world’s best scientists, engineers,
designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Product Marketing Manager, Consumables is passionate about applying consumer insights, marketing expertise and operational knowledge to cross-functionally drive excellent communications and go-to-market planning and execution of the consumables portfolio with marketing, creative and product management teams at headquarters, in collaboration with international teams.
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for shaping consumables product positioning and developing messaging at a global, regional and local level when applicable.
- Be an expert on the consumer to inform product messaging, brand differentiation, marketing content, and sales tools and communications
- Manage the execution of product marketing consumables portfolio strategies that grow JUUL’s global, regional and local market share, brand reputation and improve consumer experience around the world
- Manage external-facing product messaging, positioning and asset packs for global and international initiatives
- Drive consumables go-to-market plans in collaboration with cross-functional and international teams, informed by research and consumer insights
- Support with the launch of products in partnership with Product Management, Global/International/Regional Marketing, Commercial, Digital and Customer Success teams to execute successfully
- Implement through to performance analysis, including identifying and tracking benchmarks and key performance indicators
- Collaborate cross-functionally on project timelines with regard to global and international product launch calendars
- Represent the consumer and in-market brand purpose throughout cross-functional projects
- Ensure Product Marketing initiatives and communications are consistent with strategy and international needs, including the value proposition of the products and communicating it to internal and external teams
- Develop Sales, Customer Service and Marketing tools that support the marketing of products at a global, regional and local level, including creating content, assets, and tools such as sales presentations, ROI tools, pitch decks, demos, competitive briefs, and other materials
- Anticipate bottlenecks and come up with solutions to solve and eliminate before they happen
- Measure and report performance of product marketing initiatives, gain insight and assess against goals - report back out internally
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 4+ years B2C marketing experience, with minimum 2+ years in a product marketing management role at a CPG or consumables company distributed in retail channels.
- Have developed the positioning and messaging for products that serve multiple use cases and personas, including for new markets.
- Experience marketing to B2C e-commerce and retail channels (c-store, chains, big box, lifestyle retail, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
- Experience building and driving GTM plans across a breadth of traditional and non-traditional marketing strategies (content, retail, digital, traditional media, etc.)
- Experience with PR/external comms and internal comms is a plus
- Display drive for results and leaderships skills
- Expert at creating visually compelling, engaging presentations that distill complicated concepts into succinct stories
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising global and international campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Proven ability to execute on marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations that respond to global and international needs
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking, including experience working with research
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Up-to-date with the latest global and international trends and marketing best practices
- Comfortable working with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets
- Excellent command of the English language