Insurance Collections Analyst - Patient Accounting Acute (Day) - req8681 - Orlando Health Corporate
Orlando Health is one of Floridas most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Floridas largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.
The Insurance Collections Analyst is responsible for tracking, performing analysis and developing performance improvements to support and enhance processes within the Patient Financial Services Department.
- Develops goals and objectives. Must track all denials coming into PFS.
- Conducts analysis and outcome assessments on denials to formulate weekly spreadsheets for management review.
- Develops recommendations and presents proposals to management.
- Records process issues and maintain logs.
- Maintains all documentation for the Operations Improvement Teams within Patient Financial Services.
- Functions as a preceptor to assist trainers and liaisons in following-up with staff on educational issues in the workplace.
- Audits proper use of appeal letters and account flow from identification stage through resolution.
- Prepares recommendations and presents proposals to management for operational improvements and cost containment based upon analysis of indicators and processes.
- Keeps up with current legislation concerning HMO appeals on both national and state levels.
- Communicates any issues and problems to the Support Manager/Managed Care Liaison/Patient Accounting Director.
- Assists in the analysis of managed care contracts and payment trends to identify problem areas.
- Participates in management and other meetings as necessary.
- Maintains professional growth and development in areas of expertise.
- Ensures implementation of process improvements.
- Handles special projects for Patient Financial Services as necessary.
- Assists with training processes upon request.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Two (2) years Patient Access (Patient Business), Patient Accounting, billing or closely related experience required. Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.