RN OR Nurse I, Inpatient - Orlando Regional Medical Center
Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC), an 808-bed hospital in downtown Orlando specializes in trauma, critical care, emergency care, cardiology, orthopedics and neurosciences. ORMC is one of the
States six major teaching hospitals and the corporations flagship medical center. ORMC is proud to be the home to Central Floridas only Level One Trauma Center, which is one of only six in the state. It is Floridas first Level One Trauma Center to have an accredited Chest Pain Center and is supported by Central Floridas only hospital-based emergency air rescue transport service.
Orlando Regional Medical Center at Orlando Health is currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our Surgery team on the Day shift to assist with patient care in a surgical setting.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
- Meets all mandatory and developmental requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department.
- Current RN license in the State of Florida renewed every two years.
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification.
- ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC are required for certain areas.
- One (1) year RN experience required. Based on area of assignment, specialty courses and specialty experience may be required. Must meet perioperative specific performance competencies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patients status and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patients requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patients needs and the team members capabilities and qualifications.
- Collects and assesses patient health data guided by the application of knowledge of physiological and psychological principles and experience, which is essential to establishing a nursing diagnosis and predicting outcomes.
- Evaluates the patients progress toward attainment of outcomes. The OR Nurse I, Inpatient systematically evaluates the quality, safety, and appropriateness of nursing practice.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, efficiency, environmental concerns, and cost in planning and delivering patient care.