Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categoriesResponsibilities:
We are seeking a dynamic, well organized and highly motivated individual with prior relevant experience to serve as a Facility Security Officer (FSO) and Contract Special Security Officer (CSSO) in Red Bank, New Jersey. The FSO/CSSO will be responsible for ensuring the company’s adherence to policies, practices, and procedures of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), Joint Air Force Army Navy (JAFAN) Manual, and Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) Manuals, and for implementing the policies, practices, and procedures contained within. The FSO will also assume responsibilities of the Contract Program Security Officer or Contractor Special Security Office as required. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage compliance with all aspects of the NISPOM, JAFAN, ICD and other security activities, including document control, visitor control, and personnel security for multiple DoD and IC customers.
- Provide oversight of the processing of new employee security clearances including tracking within JPAS (Joint Personnel Adjudication System)
- Oversight and administration for a comprehensive a security education, training, and awareness program for cleared employees to include conducting Initial Security Briefings, Security Classification Program Briefings, periodic training, and Debriefings. Implement and manage procedures and documentation for classified materials, documents and equipment
- Administration and processing of incoming/outgoing visit requests, including record keeping
- Responsible for interpreting NISP/IC policies; develop and implement security plans and procedures for compliance
- Conduct periodic self-inspections on the security posture of the company to determine performance and cost effectiveness and advise management of any deficiencies and recommendations.
- Ensure that subcontractors requiring access to classified information have a valid facility clearance at the proper level.
- Ability to create and modify Subcontract DD254s for multiple customers is a must. Familiarity with the various DD254s tools for multiple customers preferred.
- Have experience in COMSEC as a Custodian or as an Alternate preferred
- Knowledge and experience with alarm systems and access control systems preferred.
- Communicate security procedures to employees and subcontractors, and provide guidance and assistance to project managers and staff in meeting security requirements
- Maintain all security documentation and files accurately and in accordance with requirements
- Previous or current knowledge of eCPRL and JADE databases a plus.
- Ability to maintain TS/SCI Clearance, a successful full scope poly, and the customer's secure network access.
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Must have TS/SCI clearance, TS/SCI w/Poly is preferred. TS candidates encouraged to apply.
Preferred but not required:
- Attendance at the NSA CSSO Course within last 5 years
- JPAS Certified
- FSO Certified
- ISWG Member