Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Transforming lives. Transforming an industry.
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
The R&D Engineer III – Additive Manufacturing will be a key member of the R&D Biomechanical Engineering team. The R&D Engineer III – Additive Manufacturing will be responsible for planning, leading and executing projects focusing on new product design and design improvement utilizing 3D printing Technologies. He/She will work with internal and external resources to optimize product design and collaborate closely with a multidisciplinary team working on 3D printing systems, processes, and materials.
In this role, you will…
- Conceive and design 3D printed product prototypes for biomechanical test models
- Design 3D printed products by collaborating with cross-functional resources including materials, software, and 3D process development team.
- Master complex systems with sound mechanical principles
- Simulate real world conditions and measure outputs using sensors
- Define procedures to evaluate product performance and conduct bench top testing
- Conceive new product and technology development plans
- Work with software team to incorporate new designs and features into 3D printing prototypes
- Document test protocols in accordance with FDA regulations
- Make sure testing covers efficacy, reliability, verification, and validation
- Perform statistical data analysis and interpretation
- Collaborate with manager and cross-functional team in creating product and test plans
- Communicate with professionals in the field at all levels and transition information into product improvement
- Lead product development projects and research projects until product launch
- Work in a fast paced environment and meet critical deadlines
- Problem solve issues with attention to detail
- Complete assigned tasks to develop custom orthodontic products
- Creation and evaluation of prototypes, design characterization, produce and maintaining the requisite FDA/ISO documentation
- Duties will also include general engineering support in R&D.
In this role, you’ll need …
- MS or PhD in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering; other scientific disciplines considered
- 5+ years of experience in Product Development and Research
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of additive manufacturing and rapid prototyping processes for product design and development
- Knowledge/experience in Design for Additive Manufacturing
- Knowledge/experience in topology optimization and/or generative design
- Experience with 3D modeling using Solidworks
- Experience with FEA analysis
- Experience in medical device industry
- Knowledge/experience in orthodontics, dental industry, and/or Biomechanics
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the Apply link below to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, there are lots more opportunities. Please consider sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Invisalign clear aligners, iTero Intraoral scanners, and OrthoCAD digital services that help dental professionals achieve the clinical results they expect and deliver effective, cutting-edge dental options to their patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We also respect your privacy. Our Applicant Privacy Policies can be found here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/align-tech/