SAIC is looking for an experienced Communications Department Manager to lead communications services support for a client in Cambridge, MA.
The Communications Department Manager will manage the communications support team and be responsible for the production and delivery of all required work and deliverables in the following areas: writing and editing, graphic and multimedia design; web design and development; communications strategy development and stakeholder engagement; conference planning and logistics; financial and administrative program support; and printing and production support.
Skills sets required to support this position include graphic arts design, web design and development, communications media design, communications strategy and messaging expertise, and technical writing and editing.
The manager will interact directly with the client and plan and manage work across multi-disciplinary teams.
• Bachelor's degree and ten or more years of communications experience; or master's degree and eight or more years of experience; or PhD or JD and two or more years of experience.
• Knowledge and use of digital and social media, other computer platforms and operating systems (including Mac Operating System (OS), and software packages, including Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, Quark, Photoshop, Visio, and others as appropriate.
• Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
• Experience writing public affairs and information materials such as articles, press releases, fact sheets, brochures, white papers, and social media content.
• Experience managing social and digital media campaigns.
• Experience effectively dealing with high-level government officials, stakeholders, and the media.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and with tight deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
• Experience with the Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, Department of Transportation or it's administrations and bureaus, other federal agencies or in the transportation or logistics arena
• Project Management Professional certification.
• Familiarity with the U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO) Style Manual and other recognized style guides and applicable specifications and standards.