Sr Benefits and Wellness Consultant
Santa Barbara, CA
Under the direction of the Benefits Supervisor, responsible for researching, analyzing, evaluating and administering benefit programs. Manage and implement the Wellness Program. Plans and coordinates all the Benefit Events including Benefit & Wellness Fairs, Wellness Challenges and the Screening events. Administers the Professional homes waitlist. Functions as a liaison between vendors and employees. May lead and direct the work of others as appropriate.
1. Responsible for administering, facilitating and explaining benefit programs to employees. This includes a) Investigation and resolution of complex benefit issues for, b) Planning benefit meetings and/or educational presentations for employees, and develops communication tools to enhance understanding of benefit package, c) Act as the liaison with third-party administrators and insurance companies, d) Facilitates process improvements for streamlining complex or time consuming benefit tasks, e) Maintains and updates Benefit Websites.
2. Administers the arrears premium collection process. Notifies employees whose health care premiums are in arrears and tries to collect the past due premiums owing for their continued eligibility. Maintains a log on the repayment plan for auditing purposes.
3. Assists in the planning development & implementation the Wellness/Wellbeing initiatives, in support of the organization's health care strategies. Work in collaboration with the Wellness Task Team to promote & engage the employee population in programs & services that will result in positive health outcomes.
4. Plans, Organize and Coordinates all the Benefit events, i.e. Benefit/Wellness Fairs, Open Enrollment, Screenings, and Wellness Challenges. Responsible for creating all communication pieces for all the events & recognition programs.
5. Responsible for all benefit upgrades, testing and deployment of the benefit self-service application in the HR system. Implements new benefit programs.
Working hours: 8-5pm
Minimum: Associates Degree or 4 years Human Resources Experience with emphasis in Benefits Administration
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Business related field
YEARS OF RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Minimum: 5 years Human Resources experience with 2-3 years direct experience in benefit programs. 1 year experience planning high-profile events.
Preferred: 6 years benefits administration experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Preferred: Certified Employee Benefit Specialist, PHR (or similar HR certification)
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.