11215 Metro Parkway, Fort Myers, FL
Employment Type: Full Time Regular
This position is responsible for ensuring all product descriptions outline the key benefits of the product in an informative, brand-right, and accurate way across all channels.
- Writes all product copy which includes: naming products, writing descriptions (introduction lines, fit/fabrication descriptions, and care), tracking Merchant changes, loading copy, if applicable onto web development server, proofing, and making updates.
- Proofreads copy for clarity, accuracy of detail and consistency of style.
- Creates copy without spelling, grammatical or formatting errors that provides a balance between details and benefits.
- Assists and partners with cross functional teams to make sure all key product elements and marketing points are represented in product descriptions.
- Supports the copy department with new ideas and creative solutions to challenges throughout all platforms. Adheres to demands of production schedule. Is aware of release schedule and devotes time necessary to meet deadlines.
- BA/BS degree in Communications , English, Marketing preferred
- 1+ years copywriting experience, preferably in fashion, retail
- MAC proficiency including Adobe Suites and Microsoft Office and can easily adapt to content management systems
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong time management, interpersonal skills and the ability to multi task
- Understanding of fashion, fit, fabrication and trends
- Strong command of grammar and sentence construction and ability to self-edit and proof
- Ability to quickly change gears and tasks and stay organized, setting own pace to manage and meet deadlines
- Positive team player