About the Bruery:
Bruery is an award-winning craft brewery established in northern Orange
County. We specialize in Belgian-style, experimental, innovative beers,
which we distribute in 29 states, 5 continents, and sell directly to
customers through our two Tasting Rooms and three membership Societies.
The Bruery is one of three Famille Rue brands which include The Bruery,
est. 2008; sour & wild Bruery Terreux, est. 2015; and hop-focused
Offshoot Beer Co., est. 2017.
About the Role:
position is the face of our company and our front-line connection to
our distributors, accounts & customers in the New York City market,
and surrounding area. Your primary goal is to sell our world-class beers
by creating and fostering relationships with those distributors,
accounts, and customers, and by educating those parties on The Bruery,
Bruery Terreux & Offshoot Beer Co. brands (“The Bruery brands”) and
our wide variety of beer offerings. Using interpersonal skills, you will
build our brand through the execution of a sales and marketing plan for
the territory, including strengthened relationships with distributors
and existing accounts, identifying and closing new sales opportunities,
and executing targeted events aimed at consumer sampling &
Essential Duties (include but are not limited to the following):
in development of annual territory sales plan for achieving budgeted
sales figures; lead quarterly review meetings with The Bruery
distribution team and distributors.
visit key accounts throughout assigned territory to build and maintain
relationships with buyers/decision-makers. Educate account staff
regarding our brands and products and find opportunities to sell-in new
research to stay in-the-loop regarding account openings & staffing
changes; actively seek out & target new prospective accounts.
VIP and/or distributor route accounting software to identify
opportunities, analyze sales and gain business & sales insights.
account database for assigned territory, including pipeline of
prospective accounts, and assist with updating contact lists for account
& distributor communications.
and maintain relationships with sales reps and managers for distributor
partners in assigned territory in order to maximize communication and
increase focus on our portfolio.
distributor reps and managers about our brands and products through
regular in-person, phone and email communications, as well as scheduling
and presenting at sales meetings when possible.
- Schedule and perform regular ride-alongs with distributor sales staff.
- Maintain weekly written communications with The Bruery distribution team and distributors regarding your activities.
distributors and accounts with marketing materials, and assist
marketing team to develop more focused materials as needed.
market information and feedback from distributors, accounts and
customers in assigned territory; communicate back to The Bruery
distribution & marketing teams.
arrange events at accounts and work with distributors and The Bruery
distribution, marketing & warehouse teams to effectively promote and
successfully prepare for and run those events.
coordination with distribution & marketing teams, develop unique
educational plans, materials & presentations for distributors,
accounts and customers.
unique events and opportunities for The Bruery brands to showcase its
products, including but not limited to premier beer festivals and events
focused on music, food & wine.
- Represent The Bruery brands in an enthusiastic and respectful manner with distributors, accounts, and customers.
- Perform merchandising at accounts during visits, as appropriate.
self-education on The Bruery brands and the craft beer industry in
general, including applicable laws & regulations.
- Promptly reply to all emails & phone calls and escalate issues appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Related work experience: 4 years relevant experience in craft beer, wine or spirits sales.
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships.
- Knowledge of state & federal alcohol laws & regulations.
- Passion for & deep knowledge of craft beer. Certified Cicerone preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively & with excellent customer service skills, both orally and in writing.
- Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated & able to work without direct oversight.
- Proficient in Mac OS, Google Drive, Microsoft Office, database programs, VIP and CRM software.
to bend over, twist, kneel, climb stairs, stand for the duration of a
shift, lift 55+ pounds repeatedly, reach with hands and arms, sit,
stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- This role requires flexible hours due to participation in promotional events. Nights and weekends will be required.
- Travel to and participation in trade shows and beer related events as required.
- Travel up to 80% of time.
- Drivers license with a clean motor vehicle record
- Must live within the New York metropolitan area
The Bruery Offers:
- Competitive compensation with base & bonus potential based on pre-defined sales goals
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
- 401k with match
- LOTS OF FREE BEER!!
Bruery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are
considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
The selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background
check and driver license check.