Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
Strategy analyst responsible for a full range of strategic and analytical projects designed to drive incremental revenue and overall business development of the Advantage Cobrand Card Program. Day-to-day duties include, but are not limited to.
Specifically you'll do the following:
- Utilize data mining, CRM, customer research and analysis to understand behavioral trends and opportunities for the development of new product features and benefits
- Track and report competitive developments; develop and implement strategies to address marketplace competition and changes in customer preferences
- Lead customer research initiatives in collaboration with the partner and internal teams, develop strategic recommendations based on key findings
- Lead key projects with the partner and internal teams to improve the card member experience and ultimately drive increased loyalty to AA.
- Represent the cobrand team in key company initiatives to deliver incremental value for card members and AA
- Continually monitor customer service for cobrand card members; identify key opportunities to improve customer satisfaction and implement them with the partners
- Create reports and presentations that help the senior management in securing internal buy-ins from key stakeholders and in negotiations with our partners
- BS/BA or advanced degree with significant coursework in a quantitative discipline (economics, mathematics, engineering, finance, etc.)
- Embody leadership characteristics with a focus on Caring, Collaboration, Development, Results, and our Future.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills with proven ability to navigate through complex analyses to identify and distill relevant information quickly and accurately
- Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
- Exceptional organization, consensus building and creative problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communicator with the ability to clearly convey thoughts and opinions in a variety of forums including presentations to senior management, discussions with external partners and interactions with peers
- Ability to take ownership, prioritize tasks, work well with minimal supervision, and manage a large number of projects simultaneously from conception through completion
- Ability to assimilate large volumes of detailed information; organizing and presenting material in simple terms
- Innovative problem solver who can take an idea from conception through execution
- Must be self-starter who can recognizes opportunities for innovation and creativity
- Proficiency in Excel
- Some travel required
- Level to be determined based on qualifications and experience of candidate
- Prior experience in airline Commercial organizations preferred
- SQL Experience