Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This candidate will be a member of Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) database shared service team and will be responsible for managing Enterprise Oracle service activities which includes installing, maintaining and tuning the Oracle RAC clusters in multiple environments.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
- Collaborates with other Information Technology associates and functional business teams to build, deliver, and support effective, creative data management solutions aligned to specified business initiatives
- Creates, coordinates and administers databases, including base definition, structure documentation, operational guidelines, and security
- Based upon management direction, plans and implements strategies for meeting data management needs
- Applies established data management best practices and recommends improvements
- Assists application support teams with third party application installations and upgrades
- Assists with other information technology projects, as assigned, within the general scope of regularly assigned responsibilities and related qualifications
- Supports Production environment activities including on-call responsibilities
- Must possess a bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline
- Equivalent experience will be considered
- Must have 5+ years of hands-on experience with:
- Oracle Database versions 11g/12c on both Solaris and Linux platforms
- Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) for versions 11g/12c
- Oracle Engineered Systems – ODA/Exadata
- Oracle Multitenant architecture
- Upgrade and Migrate databases between versions and across platforms
- Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and Oracle Automatic Storage Management Cluster File System (ACFS)
- Oracle Backup and Recovery administration
- Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting
- Experience utilizing DevOps principals in an Enterprise environment
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Oracle Dataguard
- Oracle Golden Gate and Oracle Streams
- Oracle Database Partitioning
- Oracle Advanced Security
- Shell, PL/SQL Scripting
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivation and ability to learn quickly is essential
- Should be able to work well independently while simultaneously being a strong team player
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential to achieve project-oriented goals
- Advanced degree is preferred
- At least a year of experience in creating, administering and maintaining MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- At least a year of experience with any Private or Public clouds
- Working knowledge on IaaS, PaaS and DBaaS
- Understanding of automation tools and how they integrate into the database environment