At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Internal Investigations, a division of the Conduct Management Office, CMO, is responsible for protecting Wells Fargo’s assets, brand, and reputation by investigating allegations of team member or contingent worker misconduct specific to potential violations of law or dishonest acts.
The Internal Investigator (II) will support the Investigations team, assessing and investigating a variety of allegations.
- Independently leads a variety of investigations, including high profile/complex investigations
- Considered a technical expert in area of focus and first point of contact for escalations
- Exercises discretion regarding investigative actions to identify, evaluate and take necessary actions on an individual
- case basis
- Performs assessment of the risks presented by the activity and conducts investigation by applying the
- appropriate investigative techniques (interview, e-discovery, evidence collection, forensic examination, etc.) and
- utilizing internal/external technology sources and contacts to gather comprehensive evidentiary materials
- Partners with HR/ER, Legal and line management to offer recommendations for employment decisions based on the results of the investigation
- Offers solutions as to any identified control weaknesses
- Documents case file decision making process specific to the activity being investigated
- Makes risk based decisions on behalf of Wells Fargo that is are in compliance with bank, legal and regulatory requirements and recommends actions in response to investigations
- Prepares and files Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) and other crime reports as appropriate
- May refer appropriate activity to law enforcement for criminal or civil prosecution
- May act as liaison with law enforcement and legal counsel; may represent the bank in legal proceedings
- May lead, projects and initiatives with significant exposure to the bank following investigative protocol
- May assist team in the review of staff cases to ensure compliance with departmental/regulatory guidance
- Acts as a mentor to lower level staff, and may supervise day-to-day work of less experienced team members providing guidance and training
Internal Investigators could be supporting these groups: Consumer Banking, Consumer Lending, Wholesale / International, Wealth & Investment Management / Wells Fargo Securities, Sales Conduct, Internal Fraud Monitoring & Detection, Anti-Money Laundering / Bank Secrecy Act.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience investigating financial crimes or policy violations in one or a combination of the following: internal/external fraud, BSA/AML, terrorist financing, or risk management experience involving financial crimes
Other Desired Qualifications
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders
- Investigative interviewing skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Fraud Specialist (CFS)
- Ability to mentor and train less senior staff
- Ability to analyze applicable policies and procedures
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
TX-Plano: 4975 Preston Park Blvd - Plano, TXDisclaimer
TX-SA-North Central: 945 Isom Road - San Antonio, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK