Who We Are
Twitter is launching a fundamentally new way to attract, train, and further our Twitter Client Solutions team - Twitter’s Advertising Performance Academy (APA). We are seeking a dynamic and entrepreneurial Program Manager to help build and execute this innovative initiative.
Twitter’s Advertising Performance Academy sits within our Global Advertising Performance (GAP) Team, which experiments, tests, builds, and executes advertising campaigns an edxperiences that come to life on Twitter for brands and agencies. We have a 12-month training Academy centered in Twitter’s Atlanta office. We want to evangelize the Advertising Performance Academy Program in internal and external meetings; help execute scalable training programs; design and execute workflows, operational and performance expectations, and regular individual and team check-ins and reviews.
This job is an exciting mix of entrepreneurial people and program management. We know the success of this program is transformative for the growth and future of Twitter.
Who You Are
- You are an experienced Senior Client Account Manager with deep knowledge of team building and people management
- You are meticulous, organized and motivated to help make those around you better and more efficient in their day-to-day using the processes that you implement and the programs that you manage
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills and are an analytical thinker, great at navigating complex issues, collaborative, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are comfortable partnering with technical, sales, marketing, client, and agency teams with a positive attitude and interest in working as part of a team
- You are able to interface with senior level marketers both internally and externally, with an understanding of the importance of thorough, timely communication
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and shown success in teaching complex topics in an interactive and engaging manner
- You are always meticulous, analytical and have a systems thinking approach to problemsolving; understanding how things affect one another in an overall system
- You are capable of running multiple complex programs at once with ease, clearly communicating program goals and achievements
- You have proficiency in or an interest in understanding advertising at Twitter and associated outcomes and goals
- You have proficiency in performance advertising, having managed successful MAP or Website Clicks & Conversions campaigns for advertising clients or agencies previously
What You’ll Do
- This is a 6 month assignment based in the Atlanta office. You must be mobile and available to relocate there for 6 months
- Provide leadership designing, recruiting, and cultivating the APA cohorts
- Develop scalable and measurable ways to determine the success of APA programs and employees that mesh with Twitter’s core values
- Partner successfully with cross-functional departments, including GAP leadership, Human Resources, Learning and Development, and Recruiting
- Work with key stakeholders across Twitter’s sales teams to align training expectations,cohort graduation, placement expectations and timing, team progress, and Twitter needs
- 6+ years of experience managing digital marketing programs for advertisers or their agencies
- Demonstrated ability to create, develop, and enhance customer relationships
- Ability to manage large customer relationships and manage through conflict, driving groups to collective business decision
- Proven track record translating marketing objectives into results for advertisers. Demonstrated experience effectively optimizing marketing campaigns by analyzing performance and recommending adjustments to key performance drivers.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, attention to detail, and a bias for proactively resolving issues
- Aptitude, creativity, and a preference for working in small, collaborative teams with minimal supervision
- Must have strong understanding of digital marketplace and understanding of thecompetitive landscape in which we operate
- A passion for Twitter and our mission
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.