900 W Main St, New Britain, Connecticut 06052 United States of America
U-Haul is hiring for hard working and experienced individuals to work as a Hitch Installers at our U-Haul Moving and Storage Centers!
Our Hitch Installers are trained and knowledgeable members of our team with a strong desire to help U-Haul meet our ongoing customers’ needs and demands.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Be familiar with and able to recommend towing packages to our valued customers
- Install complete towing packages to customer vehicles according to manufacturers' specifications while using good mechanical practices
- Provide outstanding service to our customers
- Prepare purchase invoices for customers
- Very Competitive Pay
- Excellent Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Stock Ownership Plan, Vacation & more
- Military Veterans highly encouraged to apply
- Uniforms Provided
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain a good driving record to operate commercial motor vehicles
- Adhere to all local state and federal vehicular regulations while driving
- Strong mechanical knowledge and reasoning
- Basic wiring and hand/power tool experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts or machines, fumes or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.