2150 W 7th Ave, Eugene, Oregon 97402 United States of America
U-HAUL® is looking for friendly, energetic, and motivated individuals that enjoy interacting with customers and take pride and comfort in a job well done. U-Box Warehouse Workers are responsible for ensuring that our valued customers needs and expectations are met by providing them with friendly and courteous service.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Operate an 8000 pound propane forklift or a truck mounted forklift
- Load and unload storage containers onto truck bed for delivery to storage facility
- Ensure timely delivery; provide customer assistance to include the sale of support items
- Use a truck mounted forklift to remove containers from vehicle, and position in the designated storage location
- Use on-line computerized dispatch and rental systems
- Prepare, receive, and provide appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick up of goods
- Verify that the container, and any other equipment rented, is returned in the same condition as when rented
- Ensure warehouse storage facility is clean, dry, and secure at all times
- Perform “Customer Ready” inspections of U-Box containers prior to dispatch
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain a good driving record to operate commercial motor vehicles
- Adhere to all local state and federal vehicular regulations while driving
High School Diploma or equivalent
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts or machines, fumes or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves or shields.
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching or similar activities, and lifting a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.