At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
Legal Operations Knowledge Manager
At Uber, we pride ourselves on the amazing team we’ve built. The driver behind all our growth, our bold and disruptive brand, and the game changing technology we bring to market is the people that make Uber well, uber. Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience takes a critical eye for quality, and we want a new addition to our team who has the same critical eye. This addition to our team must be organized, experienced and willing to take on the responsibility to make things happen.
The Legal Knowledge Manager will be responsible for organizing knowledge management initiatives throughout the Uber Legal community. The Legal Knowledge Manager will work closely with the Head of Global Legal Operations to create and maintain a strategic knowledge management plan, act as a champion for adoption of appropriate knowledge management processes in support of legal initiatives, directly support specific knowledge management tools as assigned, and act as a liaison between legal staff and information technology groups in support of legal knowledge management programs.
What You’ll Do
What you’ll be doing:
- Create, update and maintain a strategic knowledge management plan for the Uber Legal team
- Socialize knowledge management opportunities throughout Uber Legal. Implement approved processes, tools or systems, coordinating with appropriate Uber departments, such as IT, and relevant Legal groups.
- Establish a legal content management plan for Uber Legal groups. This includes processes, procedures and best practices for storage of electronic documents and emails, and establishing a knowledge repository of templates, forms, briefs, law firm memorandums and other work product suitable for re-use.
- Act as a liaison with the Business Technology Partner and Information Technology groups to assist in translating Legal knowledge management requirements to ensure appropriate solutions are selected, implemented properly, and that chosen solutions fit within both the Uber Legal application portfolio and meet Uber Information Technology standards and requirements.
- Directly support specific knowledge management solutions as assigned, including, but not limited to, creation of and maintenance of communication platforms, knowledge repositories, and approved cloud-based technologies that support individual team requirements.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years relevant experience in a Legal or law firm environment.
- Experience with legal knowledge management concepts, solutions and services.
- Experience developing strategic or departmental planning materials that required consensus gathering from multiple constituents.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels of management, and communicate complex concepts clearly and effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate with multiple departments using strong project management skills.
What You’ll Need
5 Minimum Years of Experience with
About the Team