Now taking off: Your career
Where do you want your career to take you? Chances are, you can get there with United Airlines. Our environment is open, honest, and focused on your success. So choose a career path. And rediscover what it's like to enjoy your job.
Ground Service Equipment Technician - DEN, CO
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Travel subject to service charges/restrictions. Bonuses awarded only under terms of United's policies.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note that this position will be hired under the subsidiary Continental Airlines collective bargaining agreement or divisional work rules until a joint agreement or combined divisional work rules are obtained.
- Troubleshoot, repair and complete preventative maintenance on Ground Service Equipment (both motorized and non-motorized)
- Work will include diagnostic testing and repair of gas engines, transmissions, suspension and brake systems
- Troubleshooting and repair of diesel engines, heavy industrial equipment, including large aircraft air conditioners, air start and ground electrical power units
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
- Certificate of completion from an accredited automotive school preferred
- Twelve months experience required in trouble shooting, repair, and maintenance of gas and diesel engines; electrical and hydraulic systems, or motorized equipment supporting airport ground handling operations
- Valid US driver's license
- Must pass 10-year background check
- Must be willing to take a pre-placement physical abilities test, hearing and vision tests, and drug screen
- Shift Work Required
- Candidate must be able to clear a fingerprint-based criminal history check in order to obtain and retain credentials necessary for the position
- Position-specific clearances include but are not limited to FAA, TSA, Port Authority, U.S. Customs and U.S. Postal service clearances
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
- Reliable, punctual attendance is essential function of the position