Reports To: Store Brand Leader
Maintain a department that contributes to a creative and inspirational store environment for the Urban Outfitters customer and employee. Partner with Store Brand Leader to oversee the operational and visual integrity of the store and contribute weekly business analysis with an emphasized accountability on their unique department. Assist in daily operational responsibilities of maintaining the store.
Experience + Qualifications:
- Deeply understands and loves Urban Outfitters customer and brand culture
- Ability to drive business through providing an elevated customer experience
- Strong record of encouraging, developing, and promoting talented individuals towards their career goals
- One or more years of retail experience in a leadership role
Members of the store management team and the visual team are eligible for a discretionary bonus based on the current Fiscal Year bonus criteria. The bonus payout is based on the applicable percent of the employee’s gross wages.
People + Leadership
- Coach team members on store operations, department knowledge, store visual standards, and business analysis
- Recruit, mentor, and train talented individuals for advancement within the organization
- Set clear objectives and expectations for team development, with an emphasis on an exceptional customer experience
- Encourage and demonstrate adaptability; positively effecting change and enabling the team to successfully execute a shared vision
Communication + Collaboration
- Foster a culture of strong communication and teamwork to ensure a seamless balance of operational, visual, and training priorities
- Effectively delegate projects and direction while at the same time empowering others and the to succeed by taking ownership and providing autonomy
- Conduct productive and inspirational meetings and walkthroughs to ensure daily goals are met, with a focus on effecting their department’s business and visual standards
- Ensure that new, important Company information reaches all levels using Threads and store communication, including training on Omni resources such as MPOS
- Ensure an exceptional customer experience by coaching team on goals and expectations that promote engaging and personalized interactions for each customer
- Collaborate with the Visual Manager on the creation of an engaging visual experience that appeals to our customer
- Actively lead daily meetings by contributing product knowledge, reviewing daily and weekly goals and service expectations, and distributing Company information through the usage of Threads
- Maximize store sales through a strong level of customer service, business and key metric analysis, and utilization of business applications and productivity resources
- Collaborate with the Store Brand Leader & Visual Manager in taking ownership of shipment, markdowns, restocking, and standards within their department
- Focus on driving an Omni business experience, with attention to Pack + Ship, In Store Pick Up, and other initiatives such as UO Rewards
- Lead and train team to maintain a deep understanding of Loss Prevention, Inventory Control, and all other Policy and Procedure
Merchandising + Display
- Collaborate with the Visual Manager to develop creative and innovative solutions that adapt seasonal direction to their department in an inspiring way, while also rolling up their sleeves and supporting timely merchandising execution
- Assist in the timely execution of department visual tasks, such as preparing signage + promotions and bringing focus to new store arrivals to provide an inspirational visual experience
- Communicate and inspire team members on current trends and UO culture by sharing outside inspiration, new ideas, and pertinent visual information from the Home Office
We’ll want to learn more about you, so look out for an invite to complete our video interview as part of the application process!
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
You can learn more about Urban Outfitters, our comprehensive benefits package and all URBN brands at http://www.urbn.com/ .