REPORTS TO: STORE BRAND LEADER
To set the industry standard for visual excellence by creating an emotionally engaging environment, through the use of display and merchandising which exemplifies our customers appreciation of diversity, irony, discovery and authenticity.
- Candidates must have a strong artistic background including experience in fine arts, design or architectural fields. A completed professional portfolio should be submitted if applicable.
- Display Artist candidates must also possess: High level craftsmanship standards coupled with the ability to develop and install two and three dimensional work
- A working knowledge of power tools (including but not limited to power drill, circular saw and chop saw)
- An understanding of the Urban Outfitters culture, its appeal to the local market, as well as knowledge of and interest in current, brand relevant trends in art, design, architecture, and fashion
- A basic understanding of programs such as Adobe Creative Suite, Google SketchUp and similar design and presentation oriented programs.
The Store Management Team and the Visual Team will receive a bonus by achieving the quarterly sales goal and payroll plan. The bonus is based on the employee’s annual salary, and is payable on a quarterly basis.
MERCHANDISING AND DISPLAY
- Actively seek outside inspiration and apply personal talent to develop and contribute unique perspectives to the overall display concept
- Interpret Company direction and updates to ensure displays create an artistic, visionary and unique environment that has a positive impact on sales (i.e. Merchandising and Display Page on the intranet)
- Ensure excellent craftsmanship throughout all windows and displays
- Utilize seasonal books to interpret the inspiration of the floor set by using knowledge of the customer and location while infusing personal artistic and cultural interests
- Build partnership with Viusal Manager or Store Brand Leader to ensure timely completion of daily merchandising and display projects
- Promote the Urban philosophy of “peers teaching peers” by sharing skills and achievements as well as knowledge of contemporary art, music and culture
- Mentor staff by training visual expectations, operational standards and materials/tool management
- Identify and develop team members to assist in display projects and seasonal set-ups
LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNICATION
- Attend daily and monthly meetings and share inspiration, new ideas and pertinent information from the Home Office with the store team
- Communicate new display concepts and inspiration to the Home Office through photo sharing, contributions to the Visual Surplus blog, inspiration projects and contests
- Consistently collaborate with the Visual Manager resulting in innovative and timely project execution
MANAGING THE ENVIRONMENT
- Prioritize and plan projects to ensure that the customer experience is not inhibited
- Keep back of house areas organized and clean, including display room, signage storage area and fixture room
- Ensure safety standards are upheld for both customers and associates in terms of displays, materials storage, tool usage, and work taking place on the floor during hours of operation Maintain and ensure professionalism throughout the store
- Support sales generation by creating an environment that highlights the appearance of the product and reflects the customer’s lifestyle and interests
- Ensure display budgets are met and complete expense-reporting requirements accurately and on time
- Efficiently utilize all display materials, including adaptations from recycled displays
- Assist in achieving the store shrinkage goal by ensuring that all merchandise used for display is properly handled and accounted for at all times
We’ll want to learn more about you, so look out for an invite to complete a video interview as part of our application process!
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
You can learn more about Urban Outfitters, our comprehensive benefits package and all URBN brands at http://www.urbn.com/ .