Job Summary: The Food & Beverage Manager (FBM) is responsible for managing all aspects of the food service and beverage operation. By utilizing the food service team, this manager is responsible for the efficient execution of all fresh food/ food service programs in compliance with corporate and regulatory guidelines and supporting the General Manager in all facets of running the store. The FBM, in conjunction with the AGM, is responsible for training the Customer Service Associates in the store. The FBM is responsible for maintaining a safe, sanitary and appetizing food service environment. The FBM ensures an exceptional customer experience.
1. Ensure a pleasant shopping experience for all customers. Respond to customer complaints or inquiries. Solicit customer feedback, input and information through various communication vehicles. React to information and create a plan to consistently meet the expectations of all customers.
2. Ensure the 24/7 execution of all food service programs including proper ordering, production planning, product handling and display.
3. Responsible to meet and/or exceed food service and beverage performance and profitability goals according to corporate objectives.
4. Execute food service efficiencies and ensure planograms are utilized and followed.
5. Oversee the inventory and ordering of product and supplies and ensure routine maintenance and upkeep of the food service equipment and facilities.
6. Analyze food service results and trends. Prepare action plans to leverage the store’s fresh food strengths and address areas of opportunity to ensure food service profitability. Execute all action plans.
7. Responsible to be an expert on all food service marketing programs, campaigns, strategies and initiatives. Educate all food service associates to be the same.
8. Execute the training, coaching and performance management of food service customer service associates. Assist with all matters relating to food service associates and the store team - recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, associate engagement and performance management. Recognize and reward associates.
9. Execute the corporate training plan for all food service CSAs and effectively conduct hands on training to ensure associate proficiency.
10. Ensure execution of established safety, security, quality, and store operations policies, procedures and practices.
11. As needed, the FBM will need to run shift, including deposit preparation and fuel operations, where applicable.
1. Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills
3. Excellent customer service skills
4. Ability to work with little or no supervision
5. Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
6. Ability to apply critical thinking skills in all situations
7.Ability to apply root cause techniques in order to solve problems
8. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
9. Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
10. Understanding of store finances and awareness of impact to business
11. Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors repetitively throughout a shift: standing, walking, handling, reaching horizontally and grasping firmly
12. Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors frequently throughout a shift: reaching above the shoulder, reaching below the waist, pushing buttons, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling and pushing
13. Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs
14. Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and leadership skills
15. Ability to learn and utilize the store’s technology
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These statements are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the personnel so classified.