Sorry, This Job is No Longer Available.
Want a job you’ll LOVE?
If you have a passion for flowers, an eye for design and can create beautiful bouquets and amazing arrangements for any occasion, then a Floral Team Leader could be the position for you. In this role, you’ll use your design experience and skills to work closely with team members to develop their passions and increase their knowledge of flowers and floral design techniques. You’ll assist our customers in planning and executing all their floral needs from a quick bouquet to elaborate arrangements for any special occasion.
Looking for Career Growth? Watch our video!
How do I make a difference?
Seeking Candidates Who…
- Performing tasks essential to the proper functioning of the department including ordering with Simplification practices in mind, training & development, scheduling and managing payroll
- Leading employees by example to provide incredible customer service by proactively approaching customers, offering floral suggestions and recommendations suited to their needs, answering any questions about products and ensuring they have the knowledge to properly care for their purchases at home
- Maintaining the overall appearance of the department, ensuring arrangements are innovatively designed in a variety of sizes, styles and price range to showcase quality, Menu magazine featured themes and Wegmans Signature design elements
- Maintaining the freshest, high quality flowers throughout the department; understanding the perishable nature of the product and reacting with a sense of urgency to minimize shrink, promote sales and create ways to move product
- Possessing a comprehensive knowledge of floral design techniques, being sure to stay up-to-date on current industry trends to offer customers the most innovative and cutting edge arrangements
- Using passion for and knowledge of the floral industry as well as design experience to lead demonstrations for both team members and customers, educating them on elements of design and techniques for creating hand-tied bouquets and floral arrangements
- Delegating tasks to team members and empowering them to take on new challenges, being certain to provide timely feedback
- Maintaining open lines of communication with team members and Floral Manager to ensure smooth department operations
- Educating and ensuring team members are properly handling products and using equipment in accordance with safety guidelines, understanding the fragile nature of flowers and plants
- Overseeing design area, managing the execution of custom design work, storyboard projections and inventory (where applicable)
- Providing consultations for weddings and other special events, working with customers to create themes and arrangements to meet their style and budgetary needs; overseeing the event and ensuring success (where applicable)
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Have Retail florist experience
- Have floral arrangement/design experience
- Have knowledge of, passion for and experience working with various flowers
- Have customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
- Encourage and develop others
- Are able to manage others
- Control expenses to impact contribution (profit)
- Work towards continuous improvement
- Follow effective decision making process
- Apply proper planning and staffing techniques
- Maintain a safety focus
- Perform proper ordering techniques
- Exhibit merchandising skills
- Managerial / supervisory experience
- Work involves continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and are movements, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving and lifting 1-10 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds rarely
- Will spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours
- May be exposed to various allergens and work environments, including temperature changes
- Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen and/or criminal background check. All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed