Do you have Lab Tech experience? Do you like working as part of a team? Do you have a love of science? We have just the job for you!
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Math, or Associate’s Degree plus commensurate lab experience required.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office is essential.
- Must become lab certified based on our specific NYS requirements.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with fellow employees.
- Must be reliable and a team player.
- Able to work with little supervision.
- Able to work any shift and overtime when needed.
- Attend training and obtain Knowledge of GMP’s, Safety Rules, HACCP/Food Safety and Good Lab Practices.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Ability to be certified by the State of New York to perform antibiotic testing (Appendix N Drug Residue Program) and standard plate count.
- Responsible for timely and accurate testing of samples according to established Standard Operating Procedures and reporting results.
- Analyze incoming raw materials, finished product samples and other samples, evaluate test results and record results in computer database.
- Notify QA Manager of any product or test result which will not meet quality standards
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices and Plant Safety Procedures
- Record results and maintain records in compliance with Plant policy, SQF and customer requirements.
- Ability to complete multiple projects within deadlines while performing assigned lab duties.
- Maintain inventory of needed lab supplies by notifying purchasing or the QA Supervisor.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize laboratory equipment, glassware, and instruments.
- Prepare samples for shipments for outside testing.
- Will be assigned other duties by the QA Manager or Supervisor as needed.
- May be required to perform sensory evaluation of finished product.
- Communicate effectively with other department