Wharton-Smith Construction Group is seeking a candidate for Copywriter / Editor to work in our Marketing / Communications Department in our national headquarters located in Sanford, FL. This position will report to the Director of Corporate Communications and Marketing and will provide support as a member of our Creative Services Team. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines as well as communicate and interact effectively with varying levels of employees and external clients. Candidates must have a strong acumen in the English language, and superb writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a passion for creativity.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content
- Work closely with various departments to understand the project requirements
- Independently gather information from Subject Matter Experts to develop, organize, and write content for materials (white papers and abstracts, product support literature, marketing materials, digital space content, presentations, and proposal writing support)
- Develop content for maximum usability and company branding, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
- Degree in Journalism, Communications, Advertising, Marketing, or similar preferred
- In depth comprehension of the English language, mastery of grammar, and creative flair
- Interest in working for in-house clients
- Mastery of Writing, Editing, Copy Editing, Proofreading
- Experience copywriting for both short form and long form copy
- Experience collaborating in a creative environment
- Strong understanding of Communication and Marketing trends
- SEO / Digital Copy writing a plus but not required
- Experience collaborating with creative departments such as Creative Services, Marketing, and Communications
- Persistent and not easily frustrated by multiple edits
- Solid time-management and organizational skills
- Minimum 1 year experience (internship considered) in a copywriting capacity
- Available to work Monday through Friday from 8a.m. to 5 p.m. and overtime as needed.
- Please provide three writing samples that best demonstrate your work.