Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
WiLine is an internet service provider (ISP) who provides high speed internet access to commercial customers in several states in the Western and Southwestern US. As part of WiLine’s installation process, WiLine executes building access agreements with building owners that provide WiLine the right to install and operate WiLine’s network transmission equipment in those buildings.
As the Director of Contracts Administration and Real Estate Acquisitions you will be required to:
- Personally, and through other WiLine staff, effectively market WiLine as a value proposition to building owners, and secure strategic, companywide building access agreements with real estate management companies that will allow WiLine to secure blanket access to portfolios of buildings in advance of securing tenant agreements for service in those buildings.
- Review and analyze building access agreements contained in WiLine’s proprietary CRM system for all of WiLine’s on-net service locations. Review key underlying statistical data representing the signed agreements and verify that all on-net buildings have an associated building access agreement consistent with current WiLine standards, or if not the case take effective steps to secure them.
- Personally, and working through assigned staff, contact the property managers/building management for WiLine’s on-net service locations to assess current business relationships and recommend changes to WiLine’s current policies with respect to obtaining building access agreements and maintaining relationships with building management and property managers.
- Provide support, on an as needed basis, the Real Estate Acquisition team in resolving critical issues with building management/property managers and be a point of escalation with issues related to WiLine’s presence and access to on-net service locations.
- Review all new building access agreements received from WiLine’s real estate access team, ensuring that they comply with WiLine’s approved business policies and that correct and complete information about these agreements is entered into the WiLine CRM system.
- Support the efficient preparation and negotiation of building access agreements consistent with WiLine’s approved business practices.
- Ensure that a library of approved WiLine building access agreements is maintained and utilized properly.
- Provide direction to the Real Estate Acquisition team with regard to minimizing one-time fees or reoccurring monthly costs for access paid in return for the right to operate WiLine networking equipment in WiLine’s on-net buildings.
- Regularly report to WiLine management on the state of executed access agreements for all of WiLine’s on-net buildings, and also the performance of WiLine’s real estate access team as it relates to obtaining signed building access agreements, including reports on the fees incurred by WiLine for building access.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by WiLine management.
Education, Experience and Necessary Skills:
- BS or MS and equivalent industry experience required.
- 10 plus years plus commercial real estate or commercial building management or related experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience and extensive working knowledge of commercial real estate building management practices and real estate contracts, and be able to effectively negotiate agreements with senior building management counterparties. Be able to read, understand, and negotiate real estate contracts on behalf of WiLine.
- Proven ability to work with property managers and building management with minimal supervision from the applicant’s direct manager.
- Proven ability to prepare and present accurate, understandable reports to WiLine management, frequently using Microsoft Excel, regarding the state of WiLine’s building access agreements and the performance of WiLine’s real estate access team as it relates to obtaining building access agreements, operating expenses paid to building owners, and other critical metrics.
- Must be detail oriented. Able to accomplish goals and meet deadlines with minimal daily supervision.
- Familiar with corporate CRM systems, the Microsoft Office suite of software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.), use of PCs and the Microsoft Windows operating system. Must be highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel.
- Customer facing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to articulate and sell WiLine as a value proposition to building owners and property managers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and contracts.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate details of contracts to WiLine and the counterparties of these agreements.
- Ability to negotiate/facilitate negotiation of real estate contracts.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and prepare reports for senior WiLine management.
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively with coworkers and WiLine management.
- Must be capable of critical analysis of contracts and the resulting business impacts, and use deductive reasoning to efficiently resolve problems.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be able to deal with problems involving several discrete variables in both typical and unexpected situations.