About the Role
As the Utility Buyer with Rejuvenation, you will develop business strategies and seasonal assortment plans to maximize the development of the brand, sales and profits for the Utility category, which includes textiles, decorative accessories, wall décor, etc. You will identify opportunities and recommend new product or concepts for the department as well as manage information across functions working closely with the Design, Inventory Management, Sourcing, Production, and Visual departments to ensure the process is followed and timelines are met. You will be responsible for the direct supervision and development of the category merchant team.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Perform market analysis, competitive shop and analyze sales trends to keep abreast of current trends. Obtain feedback from stores to improve product and add to collections.
- Identify emerging trends and develop business strategies outlining strengths, weaknesses, new opportunities and threats. Communicate annual and seasonal strategies to functional areas (Inventory, Design, Sourcing, Production, Visual)
- Develop and recommend seasonal and core product mix for category. Collaborate with Inventory Management to develop annual and seasonal financial plans.
- Collaborate with Inventory Management to provide Sourcing and Production Management with purchase quantities, delivery dates, flow and exit strategies for initial cost and production negotiations for new programs.
- Maintain relationships, resolve issues and conduct final negotiations with significant suppliers and agents as necessary (domestic and overseas).
- Recommend and collaborate with Visual to plan floor layouts.
- Provide Inventory Management with final assortment plans (templates), product details, target retails, estimated IMU, importance to overall assortment (big bets), flow to DC and floor plan location for developing purchase projections and buy plans.
- Approve final: Product collections, order quantities, costing and delivery dates, production, changes, floor plan layouts, signage, and in-store collateral.
- Collaborate with Inventory Management and recommend adjustments (markdowns, delivery changes and quantity changes) to the plan to maximize sales, profits, budget (OTB) and to protect the brand. Determine contests and provide awards.
- Investigate and respond to field issues. Coordinate communication strategies with Store Operations. Provide appropriate merchandising information for store communications.
- Visit stores and contact field management to gather information on customer feedback and product issues.
- Supervise and develop category team members. Set objectives, assess performance, and provide regular feedback.
- Determine workload for staff; recommend effective processes and procedures to improve workflow and results.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
- We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
We have fun!
We're excited about you because you have...
- a Bachelor's Degree in Design or Merchandising related field (preferred)
- 5-7 years of Buying/Product/Category Management experience. Prior experience in home décor is preferred.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- High level of proficiency in working with ERP system
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship or relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.