About the Team
You will work closely with a very passionate and collaborative group of team members. We run a high-volume business and cover several different categories within Pottery Barn. We strive for operational excellence while developing best in class merchandising strategies each season. We work hard but we also have fun together.
About the Role
As a Buyer for the Dining team, you will create and develop business strategies and seasonal assortment plans to maximize the development of the brand, sales and profits for assigned department in line with the business strategies set by Director, DMM. Identify opportunities and recommend new product or concepts for department. Coordinates information across functions working closely with Design, Inventory Management, Ecommerce, Sourcing, Allocation, Production, Creative Services, Packaging and Visual to ensure the process is followed and timelines met. Handles visual signage (new, specials, markdowns). Coordinates in-store collateral, online copy and image assets, photo samples and assortment tools. Attends and participates in Design, Inventory and Allocation meetings.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Manage department's direct purchase assortments when applicable
- Select seasonal and core product assortment for assigned departments
- Analyze sales trends for recommendations on assortment and pricing strategies
- Identify and recommend new business opportunities to drive future growth
- Communicate weekly selling updates and mark down recommendations
- Create and maintain merchandising assortment plans for assigned departments
- Provide Allocation Team final assortment plans and product details
- Correspond with functional areas to resolve difficult issues on product quality issues, re-ticketing issues, or customer service needs
- Execute SKU creation and SKU updates for all departments
- Provide SKU information to Merchandising Operations for input. Ensure timely SKU set up. Develop seasonal and core product mix for department area and communicate annual and seasonal strategies to cross-functional areas
- Provide Inventory Management with final assortment plans (line lists), product details, target retails, estimated IMU, importance to overall assortment (big bets), flow to DC, marketing plan and floor plan location for developing purchase projections and buy plans
- Develop and recommend seasonal and core product mix for department or area. Collaborate with Inventory Management to develop annual and seasonal financial plans
- Identify store group opportunities for Retail channel
- Collaborate with Inventory Management to provide Sourcing and Production Management with purchase quantities, delivery dates, flow and exit strategies for initial cost and production negotiations for new programs
- Communicate key product items and pagination strategies to Creative Services to finalize marketing plan
- Recommend catalog layouts to your Creative partners
- Provide information to the field on in-store promotion strategies and placement of markdown goods. Correspond with functional areas
- Correspond with functional areas. Resolves, handles and escalates difficult issues to Buyer, Call Center and Stores
- Summarize and communicate merchandising information for store newsletters and emails. Coordinate with Store Operation for disseminating information through appropriate channels
- Resolve ticketing issues with Avery, vendor and field
- Investigate and respond to field issues. Coordinate communication strategies with Store Operations. Provide appropriate merchandising information for Store Web
- Participate in the development of annual and seasonal financial plans.
- Recommend website adjustments and changes to drive business in partnership with ecommerce team
- Analyze market and provide observations of market for competitive analysis
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
- We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!
We're excited about you because...
- BA/BS Required
- 5-7 years Buying/Merchandising experience
- Manager experience preferred
- Love to work collaboratively in a group, you have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team.
- Are driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead
- Are a true business owner; comfortable with decision making and calculated risk taking for the benefit of your business.
- Think innovation is critical in a business environment and support others in creative thinking
- Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details
- Naturally challenge yourself and others to grow
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the home. Our family of brands includes Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room, and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. In 2017, we acquired Outward, Inc., a 3-D imaging and augmented reality platform for the home furnishings and décor industry. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits. Our corporate vision-to enhance our customers' quality of life at home-extends to the lives of our associates. To that end, we offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
- Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University, LearnIt and AcademyX
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Quarterly sample sales
- A business casual work environment
- A bike share program
- Time off to volunteer
- Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
- Company-sponsored walks and runs
- Healthy, organic options in the cafeteria and an awesome salad bar
- Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.