About the Team
Williams Sonoma is looking to hire for a full-time Buyer for our Mark & Graham team!
About the Role
Develop business strategies and seasonal assortment plans to maximize the development of the brand, sales and profits for Williams-Sonoma brand. Identify opportunities and recommend new product or concepts for department. Manage information across functions working closely with Design, Inventory Management, Sourcing, Production, and Ecommerce teams to ensure the process is followed and timelines met. Manage and develop one Assistant Buyer.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Perform market analysis, competitive shop and analyze sales trends to keep abreast of current trends. Obtain feedback from call center to improve product and add to collections.
- Identify emerging trends. Develop business strategies outlining strengths, weaknesses, new opportunities and threats. Communicate annual and seasonal strategies to functional areas (Inventory, Design, Sourcing, Production, Creative).
- Collaborate with Inventory Management to provide Sourcing and Production Management with purchase quantities, delivery dates, flow, and exit strategies for initial cost and production negotiations for new programs.
- Maintain relationships, resolve issues and conduct final negotiations with significant suppliers and agents as necessary (domestic and overseas).
- Recommend and collaborate with Creative to paginate both web and catalog.
- Provide Inventory Management with final assortment plans (line lists), product details, target retails, estimated IMU, importance to overall assortment (big bets), flow to DC for developing purchase projections and buy plans.
- Approve final product collections from Designs recommendations, Order quantities from Inventory Management recommendations, costing, and delivery dates from Sourcing and Production, Changes that affect production deadlines and plan objectives, Floor plan layouts from Visual and Signage and in-store collateral.
- Collaborate with Inventory Management and recommend adjustments (markdowns, delivery changes and quantity changes) to the plan to maximize sales, profits, budget (OTB) and to protect the brand.
- Determine workload for staff; recommend effective processes and procedures to improve workflow and results.
- Develop appropriate merchandising/pricing strategies for the brand.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
- We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!
We're excited about you because you...
- Have 5-7 years Buying/Merchandising experience
- Buying experience within Accessories or Home related categories (highly preferred)
- Love to work collaboratively in a group, you have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team.
- Are driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead.
- Are a true business owner; comfortable with decision making and calculated risk taking for the benefit of your business.
- Think innovation is critical in a business environment and support others in creative thinking.
- Pride yourself on the quality of work and are have great attention to detail.
- Naturally challenge yourself and others to grow
- Have a BA/BS in related field
Technical Competencies required:
- Advanced in MS Office, preferably in Excel
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the home. Our family of brands includes Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room, and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. In 2017, we acquired Outward, Inc., a 3-D imaging and augmented reality platform for the home furnishings and décor industry. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits. Our corporate vision-to enhance our customers' quality of life at home-extends to the lives of our associates. To that end, we offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
- Health benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; health and dependent care tax-free spending accounts; medical, family and bereavement leave; same-sex domestic partner benefits; short- and long-term disability programs; life and travel insurance; an employee assistance program
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University, LearnIt and AcademyX
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Quarterly sample sales
- A business casual work environment
- A bike share program
- Time off to volunteer
- Matching donations to qualifying nonprofit organizations
- Company-sponsored walks and runs
- Healthy, organic options in the cafeteria and an awesome salad bar
- Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.