*Job Title: Deli Manager
Location: Retail Grocery Location*
The deli manager will manage the daily operations of their assigned department. This position is accountable for the profit and loss (P&L) for their department and must use their leadership and merchandising skills to manage product levels and make sound business decisions. In addition, this position is responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by promoting and executing consistent operating conditions, providing fresh and appealing products, providing courteous, knowledgeable and prompt service and a friendly atmosphere in the department.
Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manage inventory, production, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
- Ensure the department is merchandised in accordance with the preferences of the community; maintain shelf allocations to ensure the availability of products at all times.
- Ensure team members greet, assist, provide efficient service and thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented operation.
- Ensure the department is well maintained and meets or exceeds company standards for appearance.
- Supervise, train and develop team members in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Evaluate department conditions and operations to determine strengths and areas for improvement; reinforce strengths while developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings with team members to establish merchandising, sales and profit objectives.
- Ensure company standards for safety, proper food handling practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
- Monitor cooler and display area temperatures to ensure product quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Offer product samples, answer product questions and offer assistance in finding or suggesting product selection.
- Ensure sales and work area are clean and free from safety hazards.
- Prepare special orders are requested by customers (e.g., special occasion cakes, party platters, etc.).
- Responsible for schedule department team members to meet business needs.
- Ensure adherence to wage and hour policies and regulations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- Grocery Store Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Food Service Management: 1 year (Required)