This is a contracted position. Room and Board included. $175-215/week. This position is Seasonal Part Time and no additional benefits are provided.
To ensure a cabin of campers has a fun and safe experience through leading them through their time at Camp Soles and to support the waterfront team in the delivery of programming.
June 4th-August 3rd.
- Lifeguard experience preferred.
- Current lifeguard certification required
- High energy, enthusiastic, creative person with a great spirit of summer camp.
- Ability and experience in supervising campers and staff.
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
- Good character, integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control.
- College student or equivalent.
- Be able to lift 20 pounds.
- Be able to carry 15 pounds through varying elevations.
- Walk, hike, and run in varying terrain and elevations.
- Have the ability to work long, hot, and busy days.
- Guide cabin and individual campers in participating successfully in all aspects of camp activities.
- Connect with each and every camper on a daily basis.
- Carry out established roles for supervising camper health.
- Carry out established roles for enforcing camp safety regulations.
- Develop a quality, unique program for scheduled cabin and choice activity times.
- Supervise all assigned aspects of the campers' day, including, but not limited to wake-up, cabin clean-up, meal times, cabin activities, rest period, camper's choice activities, evening activities, vespers, and bed time.
- Prepare for and actively participate in staff training, staff meetings and other meetings.
- Set a good example for campers and others including cleanliness, punctuality, sharing clean-up and chores, sportsmanship, and table manners.
- Maintain good public relations with campers' parents during check-in and check-out.
- Set up and organize the waterfront program area.
- Ensure that all waterfront equipment is properly used and cared for.
- Evaluate and grade (red, yellow, green) within the set of qualifications each camper’s and staff member’s swimming ability.
- Assure that waterfront standards are met at all times in accordance with our risk management policy and various regulating agencies.
- Perform lifeguarding duties as directed by Waterfront Director.
- Create programs for age-progressive activities for day, resident, and family camps.
- Help provide an atmosphere for developing good morale and well-being among the camp family.
- Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
This is a seasonal position and no additional benefits are provided.
Room and Board providedYes
How to Apply
Apply by Email email@example.com
Resumes Accepted Until6/7/2019