The YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles is not only the premiere non-profit in Los Angeles, it is also a great place to work, make a difference in your community and meet like-minded individuals. With twenty-six branches, three camps and over fifty child care sites, the LA Y is a highly-collaborative, rewarding and fun environment where you will discover your passion, grow your career and make an impact!
We believe in the four Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility and understand that our staff are our biggest asset! We strive to create high-performing, strong teams in each of our branches and are looking for passionate and enthusiastic staff who will help us to strengthen our impact, empower our community and deliver incredible programming!
Oversees assigned areas of our YMCA branch which include membership, aquatics, health and fitness, personal training programs and youth & family classes. Participates in volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with community agencies. This position supervises 4 Program Directors. We have 4100 membership units and a budget sized of $3.1M. We are located in the North San Fernando Valley, 20 miles north of downtown Los Angeles. The scope of responsibility includes management of these programs working with staff, volunteers, and members within the policies and procedures set forth by the YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles. This position is a senior member of the branch management team.
This position includes a comprehensive benefits package as well as retirement fund contribution, upon eligibility.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Recreation Management, Kinesiology or equivalent (preferred)
- Minimum of five (5) years of management experience (YMCA program director, preferred)
- Knowledge and demonstrated competence in implementing best practices in membership development, facility management, volunteer and staff development, program operations and financial development; strong written, oral communication and computer skills.
- Multi-Team or Branch Leader Certification (preferred)
- This position requires availability during evenings and weekends and the flexibility to work other hours as needed.
PROGRAM OPERATIONS/MEMBER ENGAGEMENT
- Develop, implement and achieve enrollment goals identified in Branch Budget Plan, including providing leadership to the overall facility and program/membership experience.
- Provide leadership to the development and delivery of all facility programs in accordance with established standards and guidelines.
- Develop and direct high quality member engagement strategies and programs which support branch and Association mission, goals and strategies.
- 4. Ensure the maintenance of facility of the branch to assure high standards of maintenance, safety, cleanliness and to assure that the requirements of regulatory codes are fully met.
- Serve as a member of YMCA management and support the overall objectives of the YMCA.
STAFF ENGAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Recruit and hire staff using screening tools and panel interviews to gain the best possible fit with each vacancy.
- Review and evaluate staff performance. Develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Provide direct leadership and supervision to Four Program Directors with regards to managing programs and facilities in order to meet operating plans.
BUDGET & FISCAL MANAGEMENT, FINANCIAL DEVELOPMENT
With Program Directors, develop annual operating budget. Manage budgets to achieve monthly, and annual goals. Maintain systems for variance analysis, revenue and expense monitoring and control.
- Develop and support a year-round fundraising program which includes the Annual Current Support Campaign and special events. Responsible for Annual Support Campaign leadership including team captains, division managers and team members.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT, COMMITTEE DEVELOPMENT
Serve as a staff officer to assigned committees. Ensure committees have a commission statement and chart of work.
- Create opportunities (events, initiatives, activities) for members to develop small communities within the YMCA.
- Assist with the identification, recruitment and involvement of program volunteers in YMCA projects and committees.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Uphold YMCA policies for safety, supervision, mandated reporting and risk management.
- Demonstrate the Six Pillars of Character (Trustworthiness, Citizenship, Respect, Responsibility, Caring, and Fairness) as well as the YMCA Core Values of Caring, Respect, Honesty and Responsibility in all dealings with members, guests, volunteers and fellow staff.
- Demonstrate competencies in and willingness to develop in the Cause-Driven Leadership areas of Mission Advancement, Collaboration, Operational Effectiveness and Personal Growth.
- All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.